Wednesday 4 March 2015

A Day of Pink!


I'm currently working on a creation for a doll swap with a most amazing doll artist, and the Doll in question needs a specific type of yarn for her hair, which I only had in white but simply must be pink. So I purchased some more fabric dye and rounded up a few samples of fabric to test out, some ribbon, roses and various other yarns that I either can't use as they are or simply needed pinking up.


Of course I made a mess, which dear hubby was very concerned about (lucky he wasn't here the first time I dyed, it was horrendously messy)  but Ohhhhh so much fun!!!


And we had a gorgeous sunny and windy day today, which was perfect for drying in and I even had enough time to catch up on Downton Abbey while I wound up my balls of yarn with my old singer yarn winder.


I'll have to hold out for the weekend to get stuck into these pretty pink beauties, the kids have Cross Country on tomorrow, so mummy duties call  :)

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment